Friday, May 1, 2015

Does Cursing Offend You?

In real life I curse rather frequently around friends (I refrain when in front of coworkers or my parents) and  use f**k more than I should (it happens to be my favorite swear word, I don't care much for sh** or a** but use b**ch, d**n, p*ss, and hell a godd**n lot) so I was wondering what your, the reader's, opinion of reading swear/curse/cuss/whatever words was. I sensored them just in case anyone was sensitive about that topic.

I'm not going to replace every adjective with f**k (and I will never, never use the N or C word regardless of whether I'm on this blog or IRL!) if you guys are cool with cursing, I just want to make sure I know if anyone would get offended if I did, because, honestly, I'm getting tired of using fudge or having Lavender, who curses like a sailor, have to "mutter words I could never use infront of the kindergarteners underneath my breath".

xx,
Jill

4 comments:

  1. No! It does not bother me in the least :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, I'm glad! :) I wouldn't hate to have someone stop reading just because the language or words I decide to use upsets them.

      Delete
  2. As you have probably noticed for how much I write curse words in my stories, cursing does not offend me at all. What does irritate me to some extent, is when people use fake curse words because they don't want to actually curse. It's not like I'll stop reading or be mad at the author or anything because it's their choice to write as they wish, and I'll never hold anything against them for doing it, but it does get annoying, not just in writing, but in shows or movies too. If they use fake curse words when it's like I know what word they actually meant, it just makes me wonder... why are you even cursing if you don't really want to? LOL. I mean, I know the whole "try to keep it family friendly" or whatever, but I guess for me, it just comes off as annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* I tend to do the fake curse word thing (fudge instead of fuck, etc.) and I definitly understand how aggravating it can be, that's one of the main reasons that I'm asking if it offends people is because I don't really want to censor myself anymore, haha.
      Thanks for replying and let me know what you think! :)

      Delete