Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Seven: Read this Letter When You're Persevering

   They took my Polaroid camera.  They took my backpack. They took my stationary. They took my pens. I am writing on a piece of eight and a half by elven inch, plain white paper with a black crayon became I could use pencils to harm myself.
   I cannot write about the voices...
   I have to get out of here....
   I do not know if they will read this.
   I hope not.
   I was invited to Thanksgiving at the Levanoid house. Their chef was ill and Mrs. Levanoid was panicking and I suggested that roast of lamb with a balsamic reduction was always a safe, yet satisfyingly delicious option. Then I offered to prepare it. Everyone seemed a bit shocked and I, despite the voi- despite better judgement told the truth, even though the voic- even though I was thinking lie, lie, lie, I stated that I was working on becoming a chef before I left. Mrs. Levanoid offered me a position on their staff, I took it. Perhaps it was the wine dulling my senses, perhaps the holiday spirit, but suddenly I had an untraceable income and could work on keeping the cabin, I didn't have to take Linus up on his offer, see if his motives were cruel.
   Go to work.
   Cook.
   Listen to the house cleaners gossip.
   Cook.
   Go home.
   Don't write, because it's shameful, me leaving you, only to be working for the family...
  It was routine and the Levanoid family seemed to deem their staff as inferior, so they hardly interacted with me. When Linus was over, they were civil, remembering to thank me, handing me an extra twenty.
   Then the anniversary came... I couldn't, I just...
   Broken.
   This is how I felt. I couldn't stand... I'd abandoned you. So I took some sleeping pills. Only I wanted something more permanent then sleep.
   Linus found me; sent me here. They said writing was triggersome, said if I wanted to heal, I had to stop.... I suppose I could... But I won't; I have to write to you, I will continue to write to you. I do not know when I will get out of here, but when I do, I will write to you.

With Love,
   Sylvia Griffin

P.S. They think I will tell them more about me, put you in danger, put me in danger.... I will taunt them... They're trying to take you away, give you, give me to them, says the voi- Says me conscious.

6 comments:

  1. Strange, this letter made me wonder who she was writing to again, mainly because they think her writing triggers her. O_O Ooh, she got a job as a cook? LOL. I didn't know she cooked, but I'm glad she does, that's a good skill.

    Oh, and I wanted to let you know, that in your drop down menu, the link to this chapter didn't work. I got to it from the previous post. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited; you'll find out who she was writing to in the next chapter. :)
      And she did get a job, she was a chef before she ran away, it is good.

      Thanks for telling me! I'll fix it so that way others don't have that problem. :)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't get to the letter that said: Read this letter when you lie!
    So I just skipped to this one.
    Hmm, I wonder what will happen next since I'm a little confused already xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry; the link's not working :/ Here's another link: http://withloveasims3legacy.blogspot.com/2015/02/read-this-letter-when-you-lie.html that hopefully work.

      Hopefully the next chapter will clear up a few things! :)
      Thank us for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. So she found a job in the Levanoid household and then they....figured out she was unwell and admitted her to a psychiatric hospital?

    That's what it sounds like anyway.....I'll have to keep going to verify!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't want to spoil anything, however I also don't want to leave a vague statement, so this is what I'll say: Linus realized that she was unwell, so he granted her some time off, then he realized that she didn't just need some time at her cabin to recuperate, she needed medical intervention.

      I've enjoyed reading your comments and hypotheses; thank you so much for reading and commenting, I'm glad that you're enjoying the story! :)

      Delete